Storyboards are a way to develop simple and/or complex user journeys for your website. This means you can provide engaging and highly customizable experiences for your users/visitors to encourage them to convert depending on the goal of the storyboard.
You can use Storyboards for many different reasons, such as:
- Checking out an abandoned cart for your e-commerce website.
- Encouraging them sign up to a newsletter after visiting 3 of your articles for more than 10 minutes.
- Showing a help & support form if the user revisits a certain support article multiple times.
- Show a setup a meeting popup/widget if the visitor has returned to a certain webpage a certain amount of times.
- Show a discount code on your e-commerce website if the user regular purchases a certain product.
The potential of Storyboards are huge, its up to you to design your ideal board to take your website to the next level.
In this guide, we'll explain to you how Storyboards work and how you can get up and running in a few minutes.
Creating your first board.
To create your first board, navigation to your storyboards found in the Embedery.com admin of your selected property.
On this page you should see a button at the bottom of the page called "Add a new Storyboard", click it to go to the new storyboard form.
The form will appear as a modal, as shown above in the image. Enter in the name of your storyboard and a brief description to help distinguish it from your other storyboards.
Please note, the button may not be shown if you have hit your account limit. You can see more detail of restrictions on the pricing page.
Once you click the "Save Changes' button, you will be navigated to your new storyboard.
In the next guide, we will explain how the editor works and how you can start building some basic storyboards. As always if you have any questions or need help, please do not hesitate to contact us.